SRC Haiti Mission Trip
November 2 – November 9, 2013
The Fayeton orphanage campus in Gonaives, Haiti is home to 100 orphans and has never had power in its seven year existence. A mission team of twelve from Spanish River is planning to change that.
Solar power equipment, purchased with funds raised at the 2013 Ride 4 Orphans charity bike ride was shipped to Gonaives and will be installed by the team the week of November 2-9.
In May a solar workshop was held at SRC where team members were trained on the installation and maintenance of the equipment. Design of the system and training was provided by Allen Rainey and Terri MacGregor of Sonlight Power, Inc, a Christian non-profit providing solar power as a ministry in developing countries.
The Fayeton campus is the site of a church planted by Pastor Sidney Woodman supported by Spanish River in partnership with El Shaddai Ministries, International. Spanish River has partnered with ESMI, let by Pastor Dony St. Germain, to plant over thirty churches throughout Haiti. The Fayeton campus also has a school and clinic.
The Team will be involved in:
- Installing the solar power system and wiring for the two children’s dormitories and Pastor Woodman’s residence.
- Conducting a vacation Bible school for the children of Fayeton including games, crafts, face painting and taking photos of each child
- Distributing individual clothing outfits prepared for each child by the Lord’s Closet team with clothing donated by the SRC community
- Providing basic medical care for the children and staff at Fayeton
- Worship with Pastor Woodman and members of the Fayeton church
- Sharing the bad new and good news of the Gospel at every opportunity
Spanish River Missions are unique in that we only conduct these types of relief and support efforts to support our church planters in the field. SRC has supported more than 400 church plants in over 20 countries.