SRC Colombia Missions Trip
July 23-30 2011
The people of Colombia need Jesus. Pastor Javier Gil and his wife Gloria have set out in faith to plant churches that share the gospel all throughout Cali, Colombia and have been members of the SRC church planting family since September 2007.
From July 23-30, a team of enthusiastic members of the SRC family will be going Cali to conduct a missions trip to support Pastor Javier and his church Betania by serving their local community.
The Team will be involved in:
- Setting up clinics and distributing needed medicine and supplies that have been generously donated by the SRC community.
- Conducting a kids camp / vacation Bible school for the local children for 60-80 kids.
- Supporting local children with medical needs with SRC’s own Scott Meyer, PH.D and Shannon Visentin, a pediatric occupational therapist, 3-4 nurses from the local churches in Cali, a local doctor, a local eye doctor (brother of one of our team members) and one or two local dentists.
- And a “Mom and Me” seminar, conducted by Shannon and Valentina Contessa
- Celebrating team member Valentina Contessa’s 17th birthday with a large colombian party
- Hosting a spaghetti dinner with the six pastors from the area and their families which will be prepared by the SRC team.
Spanish River Missions are unique in that we only conduct these types of relief and support efforts to our church planters in the field. SRC has supported more than 250 church plants in 12 countries.